This sheet pan sweet chili salmon with lemon sesame green beans is so simple and delicious. It’s the perfect easy weeknight dinner to add to your sheet pan meal rotation. The inspiration came from the sweet chili sauce I made for the SWEET CHILI BREAKFAST BOWL. It’s so flavorful and different from my typical Italian or Mediterranean spice profile. I decided to double the sweet chili sauce recipe and slather it on some salmon to bake for dinner. It was a great choice. The sauce bakes into a delicious glaze and pairs perfectly with fresh lemony sesame green beans. Be sure to double or triple it, depending on how much salmon you’re making. The recipe linked here is one serving!
I especially love this sweet chili salmon and green beans meal because it fits into my ‘easy sheet pan meal’ category. That’s always my favorite type of recipe. They are simple, easy to cook, and easy to clean. To make dinner time even easier, I prepared the sweet chili sauce beforehand and quickly reheat it with a splash of water for 10 seconds in the microwave. From then on out I stuck to the one sheet pan to lay my green beans and salmon.
I’ve been loving using fresh herbs from my garden in recipes lately. PS I am currently growing plenty more herbs from seed. My garden is going to be booming and blooming soon! Anyways, back to the sweet chili salmon recipe. These green beans are sprinkled with basil to compliment the fresh squeezed lemon. Cilantro or thyme would also be great options to pair with the citrusy flavor! It’s the easiest sheet pan meal for your family.
Fun fact. A friend of mine grew up in a commercial fishing family and recently educated me on why frozen fish is typically better quality than fresh. It’s mostly due to the supply chain timeline, where flash frozen fish can be frozen at it’s peak freshness. You can read more about it here or here.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 servings salmon filets
- 2 servings sweet chili sauce
- 2 c green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed for juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp scallions, chopped
- Grease a sheet pan and pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, re-heat sweet chili sauce if needed to thin out.
- Lay salmon filets down on half of the sheet pan, skin side down, and scatter green beans on the other side.
- Slather sweet chili sauce on salmon.
- Drizzle olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper on green beans. Squeeze lemon juice.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Once salmon meets an internal temp of 145°F, remove it from the oven and sprinkle with scallions.
- Garnish greens beans with sesame seeds and basil. Serve and enjoy.
Snag the sweet chili sauce recipe here.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 737Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 53g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.