We’ve been getting back into eating all types of fish in our house and I’m so glad we are. This chimichurri salmon & cucumber tomato salad is a simple dinner solution with just a few ingredients. I use store-bought chimichurri to quicken my prep time, but you can find a delicious recipe for homemade chimichurri sauce here.
I had a terrible aversion to all seafood while I was pregnant last year and I really just haven’t gotten into the habit of cooking it again since. So I’m determined to change that in the new year! Especially because it’s so nutritious and our baby girl absolutely loves it. It’s perfectly soft and flaky, which makes it so easy for her to eat with her two (sharp!) little teeth.
I serve this salmon recipe over a bed of dark leafy greens with a big spoonful of warm rice and an extra drizzle of the olive oil and vinegar dressing you see below. This chimichurri salmon & cucumber tomato salad recipe comes together so smoothly since the salmon only take fifteen minutes to bake and you, meanwhile, can prepare the salad to top it. It would also be delicious paired with a heavier starch like potatoes and maybe a few aspargus spears.
Another salmon recipe I absolutely adore on the website here is this SHEET PAN SPICY MAYO SALMON. It’s a one dish serves all recipe with a main and side on one simple sheet pan. Use as much or as little spice as you would like!
- 4 servings salmon filets (1 1/4 lb total)
- 1/3 c chimichurri sauce
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, de-stemmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Grease a sheet pan and pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay salmon filets down on the pan and slather in chimichurri. Place one sliced lemon on each filet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Combine with parsley in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, oregano, salt, and black pepper to cucumber tomato salad and toss.
- Remove salmon from the oven and layer with cucumber tomato salad. Serve.
I serve this dish over dark leafy greens and warm rice with a bit of extra dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.