These blender banana bread muffins are another recipe that have been on repeat in our house for over a year before I thought to share them with you here! I love using the blender for an easy ‘one bowl’ creation with a swift clean up and a built in spout to pour the batter into muffin tins. My muffins pictured here use date syrup rather than honey or maple syrup, which is why they have such a dark color. You can use these ingredients interchangeably based on what you have on-hand.
One specific here that I would highly recommend is the use of mini chocolate chips! Of course, you can use regular size chocolate chips or even a chopped up chocolate bar (okay, chocolate bar chunks are my second favorite!). Mini chocolate chips are so great in these blender banana bread muffins because they just sprinkle the muffins so sporadically compared to a bigger chip. You really have to use them to understand how much better they are. Just trust me!
Lately I’ve been all about using frozen bananas in my baked goods. I always have extra ripe bananas in the house that I end up freezing and I love experimenting with new uses for them aside from the typical smoothie. Typically I microwave them a bit to allow for an easy time mashing them, or in this case, blending.
- 2 1/2 c rolled oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp white distilled vinegar
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Add oats to the blender and pulse until it becomes a fine powder.
- Add all banana bread ingredients aside from chocolate chips. Blend until smooth batter forms. Make sure your batter does not heat up while blending! Keep it on a low setting.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips with an icing spatula and pour into greased muffin pan.
- Top with additional chocolate chips and bake for 14 minutes.
- Let cool & enjoy!
Maple syrup can be substituted with honey, agave, or date syrup at a 1:1 ratio.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.