Meal prepping for breakfast is a must for me. Trying to squeeze in as much sleep as possible, a workout and a nutritious breakfast is a lot to get done before I run out the door to the office. That’s why I’m alsways preparing large batch breakfast hashes to eat throughout the week.
Today I’m amping up by breakfast hash game with a ton of flavor and extra protein! This spicy seasame breakfast hash mixes potatoes, ground turkey, turkey bacon and kale for the perfect breakfast solution.
I pair my spicy sesame breakfast hash with fried eggs and a slice of avocado for the full effect, but it’s also delicious tossed over greens for a salad at lunch with some fresh cucumbers and pumpkin seeds.
The turkey bacon and ground turkey alone have tons of flavor, but we’re kicking it up a notch with coconut aminos, hot sauce and sesame seeds. Have you tried coconut aminos before? It’s a healthier subsitute for soy sauce and I love using it in asian inspired dishes like this ONE BOWL SPRING ROLL and ASIAN CHICKEN SALAD.
The best part? This spicy sesame breakfast hash recipe is Whole 30 compliant! That means we’re using all whole ingredients- no additives or sugars included. If you’re not following the Whole 30, that just means the recipe is squeaky clean and full of nutrient dense foods. If you are following the Whole 30, be sure to verify that your turkey bacon and hot sauce are compliant, not all are!
WHOLE 30 SPICY SESAME BREAKFAST HASH
Prep time: 40 minutes
1 lb baby potaotes
4 strips turkey bacon
2 c shredded kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tbsp hot sauce
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp coconut aminos
- Cut baby potaotes into quarters, length-wise and place them in a small pot. Fill the skillet with water until the potatoes are just covered and bring to high heat for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes boil, heat a large skillet to medium-high and fry turkey bacon until crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from the skillet and transfer to a paper towel to cool and soak up excess grease.
- Once potatoes are tender, drain the water and add them to your bacon skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 minutes, until potatoes are golden and cripsy.
- Add kale and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- In a seperate skillet, over medium-high heat, add olive oil and ground turkey. Brown turkey and break it up with your spatula or spoon. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and coconut aminos. Cook for about 14 minutes. Once completely cooked, add to your potato bacon skillet.
- Chop turkey bacon and toss with skillet.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Splash additional hot sauce if desired!
5 thoughts on “WHOLE 30 SPICY SESAME BREAKFAST HASH”