If you like salt & vinegar potato chips, you’re bound to fall into a finger-lickin’ addiction with these 4 ingredient, salt & vinegar roasted potatoes. I’m all about the savory, salty foods. This simple, yet super flavorful take on the typical roasted potato is going to be your new go-to. I pair them with fried eggs for breakfast, steak for dinner, or toss them in a big ole salad’. Oh, I also dip them into sauces for snacking. Try this Whole 30 garlic dip!
I love using baby dutch yellow potatoes in this salt & vinegar roasted poatoes recipe for their creamy flavor and buttery texture, but you can use any potato you please! I am constantly roasting up a batch for us to have on hand and tend to buy them by the motherload at wholesale clubs.
Potatoes tend to get a bad rep in the ‘wellness world’. They’re starchy and packed with carbs. But we’re past labeling carbs as ‘bad’, aren’t we?
Good, because if you eat them with the skin on (which is super nutritious!) you’re feeding your body potassium, calcium and compounds like flavonoids, carotenoids and phenolic acids, which are all antioxidants!
Did you also know that the starch in potatoes can actually be beneficial? BAM. Mind blown. Potatoes contain ‘resistant starch’ which doesn’t break down for full absorption and consequentially reaches the large intestine where it acts as a source of nutrients for the good bacteria in your gut! You can even increase the resistant starch in your potatoes by eating your boiled potatoes cold after refrigeration. #guthealth
Okay, so now that I’ve convinced you that you can eat potatoes again, let’s dive into the recipe, shall we?
- 2 c baby dutch yellow potatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 c distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp chopped scallion
- Toss potatoes with vinegar and salt in a large skillet or saucepan. Add 1 c water, or as much as necessary to just cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain your skillet and add ghee to potatoes. Sprinkle with black pepper and sauté over medium heat until golden and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 1172mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.