I have a surprise for you. This bread isn’t exactly made from oat flour, but it includes OATMILK! Yup. That super trendy milk you’ve been drooling over in every fancy coffee shop and Instagramable latte is available at your local Tom Thumb thanks to Silk! So, of course I had to snag a carton of Silk® Oat Yeah™ Oatmilk and try it out in a banana bread recipe.
This post is sponsored by Silk®. All opinions are my own. To view my full disclosure policy, click here.
I always love experimenting with dairy alternatives and, of course, I always love banana bread. It makes for the perfect breakfast alongside a cup of joe, which I also happened to top with Oat Yeah Oatmilk this morning!T
Silk® Oat Yeah™ Oatmilk is Vegan Action-certified and free of nuts, soy, carrageenan, and artificial colors and flavors. Have you heard of carrageenan before? It’s a bit of a buzz word in the health community. It’s an additive used to thicken and preserve foods.
Plus, right now you can save on Oat Yeah Oatmilk – click below to save at your local retailer!
But back to the bread… banana bread is one of those classic baked goods that everyone loves. It can be super diverse in mixing up milks, flours and toppings but also really consistent in bananas, coconut oil, etc. I found all my ingredients right at Tom Thumb!
I usually just go for chocolate chunks for topping, in hopes that babe will eat some and I won’t devour the entire loaf on my own. He wouldn’t touch it if it were loaded with nuts, which is basically my ideal topping situation.
This recipe is so simple, not only in ingredients but also in mess! It only took one big mixing bowl to get my batter going. What a relief! I love the baking and the eating but not really the cleaning. Keeping the mess to a minimum is always key.
So, grab your ripe bananas and a large mixing bowl and let’s get to it!
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA OAT BREAD
Prep time: 1 hr 10 mins
2 ripe bananas
1/3 c melted coconut oil
1/2 c honey
1/4 c Silk® Oat Yeah™ Oatmilk (or other non-dairy milk alternative)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat your oven to 325°F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk melted coconut oil and honey until well combined.
- Add eggs and beat mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Add bananas and Oat Yeah Oatmilk. Mash and mix until smooth. I used a hand immersion blender.
- Whisk in baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt to batter.
- Switch your mixing device to a spoon and add whole wheat flour.
- When well combined, fold in chocolate chunks; save some to top your loaf after pouring!
- Transfer batter to greased loaf pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Be sure to let the loaf cool before slicing in to enjoy!
One thought on “WHOLE WHEAT BANANA OAT BREAD”