One pan meals are my jam. Especially this whole 30 sheet pan citrus chicken. Not only is it super flavorful, but sheet pan meals are less time consuming and require less dishes than cooking your main and sides separately. That’s an easy sale for me!
My refrigerator has been just about exploding with oranges lately. It is very much so orange season in Texas and I’ve been racking my mind with a use for them. Of course, my first instinct is to bake lots of sweets… not so Whole 30 compliant. Lots of crumbles and cakes that are packed with sugar would feature seasonal citrus. I was thinking it would be fun to shake things up with a savory citrus recipe though rather than sweet. Then this dish came to be!
With some bold, spicy seasonings and a bit of citrus, this one pan meal is kickin’ with flavor. If you don’t happen to have ten million oranges on hand like me, feel free to use store-bought orange juice!
I tossed all the veggies I had on my sheet pan too. That’s the beauty of a sheet pan meal, isn’t it? Everything you have in your fridge goes into one pan and voila! Dinner!
If you’re feeling extra fancy, keep a slice or two of your citrus to top the sheet pan. It makes for a lovely finishing touch on this delicious whole 30 sheet pan citrus chicken dish. Plus, they can be pretty yummy after a bit of a broil.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c fresh oregano
- 1/4 c fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/3 lemon, juiced
- 1 zucchini, chopped into one-inch rounds, then halved
- 3 carrots, chopped into one-inch rounds
- 1 red pepper, chopped into one-inch chunks
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into one-inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine herbs, fruit juices, garlic, and olive oil. Add chicken and toss to coat evenly. Add vegetables and toss well to combine.
- Pour mixing bowl contents out onto a large baking tray. Top with orange and lemon slices (optional).
- Roast for 45 minutes before removing from the oven to enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 455mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.