Why haven’t I combined the two heavenly worlds of peanut butter cups and cookies before? How did it take me so long! Well don’t worry, they’re finally here.
And let me just skip to this little point that I know you’re going to recognize. There’s one thing that makes me a terrible food blogger. My pans are not perfectly clean. I think the only time they’re actually shiny and silver is when I first take them home from the store.
Try as I might to scrub them down, I’m just going to say that the rusty pans here are what makes me so genuine! P.S. yes, baking soda and water paste does work if you let it soak, but I probably should’ve tried that a few months ago. They’re too far gone now haha.
Anywho, now that that’s out of the way, back to the recipe.
I started making these easy peasy 5 ingredient cookies for Halloween, but hadn’t quite intended the whole eyeball theme. Really I learned that I should’ve broken the pb cups down. But because I stuffed them on whole and these cookies have a quick baking time, they didn’t entirely melt.
So I was left with a peanut butter cookie and a slightly melted white chocolate peanut butter cup on top. THINK FAST! I snagged a bag of mini chocolate chips and added some pupils for eyeball cookies. Voila!
Quick on my toes you might say, but lesson learned… I’d recommend breaking your pb cups down for next time! Either way, I can’t wait to bring them in to work tomorrow for all the Halloween festivities.
Halloween is a BIG DEAL at SWA. Like full on team costumes and a whole day of funny skits and digital shorts from each department, lots of candy and beverages. Hence why I thought I’d bake up a healthier option!
Our team decided to be boxed wine this year and we spent yesterday afternoon decorating huge cardboard boxes with wine labels. The boxes were so big that we decided against arm holes because we thought we’d end up over stretched…
Wish me luck wobbling thru the hallways and trying to sit in a conference room in this huge box while not having any arms! I couldn’t even get the box to fit in my car once it was all taped up. Should be an interesting sight to see during the festivities.
5 INGREDIENT PB CUP EYEBALL HALLOWEEN COOKIES
Prep time: 25 minutes
Serves: 18 cookies
1 c peanut butter
1 c date paste (you can also soak dates overnight to make your own date paste!)
2 tsp vanilla extract
18 white chocolate peanut butter cups
18 mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a cookie sheet. I use coconut oil spray!
2. Combine date paste, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. I recommend using a blender if you’re creating your own date paste, but after that the batter is pretty thick and sticky, so go with a spatula or spoon to mix by hand.
3. Add your egg and thoroughly mix in.
4. Use a tablespoon to scoop your dough into balls and flatten them down by patting them into the pan.
5. Gently press a peanut butter cup atop each cookie.
6. Bake for 9 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and immediately insert your chocolate chip pupil into the center of each peanut butter cup! You’ll have to move fast before the chocolate resolidifies.
Enjoy! Store in a sealed container on the counter for up to 5 days.
One thought on “5 INGREDIENT PB CUP EYEBALL HALLOWEEN COOKIES”