This bread is jam packed with nuts and dried fruit- just the way I like it! I’m always looking for some extra toppings to make my breads chewy and crunchy.
Even when it comes to traditional baked bread, I always reach for the one topped with nuts and seeds for extra crunch!
I usually throw in raisins or almonds, but love mixing it up with different goodies. They add so much flavor and nutrition to this breakfast or dessert! This recipe uses some nuts I don’t bake wiht often. Macadamia nuts are super high in healthy fats and pecans are packed with fiber and magnesium.
The recipe is not too sweet or moist like banana bread, so it makes for the perfect breakfast with a slather of yogurt and honey or nut butter.
FRUIT AND NUT BREAD
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 10 slices
1 c nut butter
4 large eggs
1/4 c coconut sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tspn cinnamon
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
1 tspn baking powder
1 c mixed dried berries (cranberries, cherries, raisins, blueberries & plums)
1/3 c macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 c pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk nut butter and eggs until smooth.
- Add coconut sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, baking powder until well combined.
- Stir in dried fruit and nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Top with extra dried fruit and nuts.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the loaf has browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool!
One thought on “FRUIT AND NUT BREAD”